We offer you reviews of the top shared, cloud, VPS, dedicated and reseller hosting solutions. The cheapest prices are here.
TOP WEB HOSTING - a complete independent web hosting reviews
Top Web Hosting NTCHosting Review   $4.95/mo *****
2 Lonex   $4.95/mo *****
3 Freehostia   $7.95/mo *****

Top Web Hosting - Curious About Web Hosting?

Welcome to Top Web Hosting! Top Web Hosting is a website where you can read in-depth articles about the various kinds of web hosting services. For example, if you are interested in a specific type of web hosting service, for example a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or a dedicated hosting service - it is a good idea to read our articles beforehand. Secondly, check the list of some of the decent hosting service providers, which are hard to find online. It's available at the top or at the bottom of each dedicated article.

1 in 50 - the Chance of Running into a Non-cPanel Based Web Host!

Why do we say decent web hosting companies, which are hard to find online? There is a contradiction, isn't there? There is only one, quite simple reason for that. Probably less than 2% of all the web hosting companies in the world run on a hosting platform different from cPanel. Right now there are more than 200,000 active web hosting companies. Less than 2% means that 1 out of 50 hosting companies is non-cPanel based! 1 out of 50! The remaining 98% come down to one and the same thing - a cPanel hosting solution, labeled... differently. Finding a non-cPanel based hosting company has become... a stroke of luck. This is not a hosting variety. Not at all. And Google supports the cPanel-based hosting companies. It's not that Google takes any side, it's just that the cPanel hosting providers are so many - it's natural that the returned search results display cPanel-based hosting providers mostly (if we can use this word - mostly, because it does not actually represent what really happens).

The In-house Built Web Hosting Platforms - Are They Better?

Let's not be that negative when talking about the one-server based cPanel hosting platform and the companies, which distribute it. cPanel is not such a bad hosting platform, at least as far as small websites are concerned. But when we talk about the variety on today's web hosting market - we have to face the truth. Thanks to the reseller hosting model introduced by the cPanel platform, there is no variety at the moment. Less than 1 company out of 50 is non-cPanel based. Top Web Hosting is not an anti-cPanel hosting thing. No. We just think it will be a good thing for the entire hosting market if we show how different the in-house built web hosting platforms are. In a very positive way. This is why we will focus entirely on the in-house built shared and cloud hosting platforms, which in many cases might even be a better choice... if you think for a moment.

Web hosting is a service, which involves hosting web content. A web host is actually a web server that is connected to the Internet and has its own IP address, which allows users to access it via the Internet.


Essentially, the genuine cloud hosting platform serves distinct hosting services such as storage space, mail, FTP, databases, DNS, stats, Control Panel, backup, and so on, on independent sets of leading edge web servers.


The shared hosting service - multiple users share the specifications of the same web server. This means that all server resources like CPU, RAM, etc. are divided among the users whose accounts are on that same server.


A Virtual Private Server is a virtual emulation of a server that behaves exactly like a dedicated server and is much more powerful than any shared plan. Each VPS can run a different OS and be rebooted independently.


A dedicated server means that you have a whole machine for your needs and you can utilize all the system resources for your websites' needs. There are different dedicated server configurations that you can purchase.


A domain name usually consists of two parts - a top-level domain (TLD) and a second-level domain (SLD). If you have domain.com, for example, ".com" is the TLD and "domain" is the SLD. Each country has its own country-code TLD.


The most widely spread marketing type is the hosting reseller service, where the reseller pre-pays for a preferred reseller hosting plan on a monthly basis, split into smaller packages and later sold to the customers at retail prices.


Resell truly genuine cloud hosting accounts. Every single service (Control Panel, email, storage, FTP, databases, stats, DNS, etc.) is being served by a cluster (a host) of web servers dedicated just to that precise service.


Earn money online. Become a domain reseller and sell domain names to end customers, making profit from the difference between the wholesale and the retail price of each domain. 1000's of domains are registered every day.